2022 Common Customer Questions
We invite you to join us as we discuss commonly asked customer questions. We will also explore several topic areas that can cause confusion for employers and work to help make the information easier to interpret.
Key items we will address include:
- Are plans still required to extend specific deadlines under COBRA, HIPAA and ERISA for up to one year?
- What happens to an employee’s benefits when taking non-FMLA leave or exhausting FMLA leave?
- How does an employee’s Medicare entitlement affect various benefits?
- Can an organization cover employees of a sister company (which may or may not be a controlled group) under its health and welfare plans? (Is it a MEWA?)
- How long do employers need to offer coverage to an employee who switches from a full-time benefits eligible position to a part-time non-benefits eligible position?
- Under federal rules, how do employers meet plan disclosure requirements (e.g., required federal Notices, Wrap SPD, COBRA General Notice, HIPAA Privacy Notice, Form 1095-C) to employees/plan participants?
Attend & Earn 1.0 SHRM and HRCI Credit
Presented by the Brown & Brown Regulatory & Legislative Strategy Group.
DISCLAIMER: Brown & Brown, Inc. and all its affiliates, do not provide legal, regulatory or tax guidance, or advice. If legal advice counsel or representation is needed, the services of a legal professional should be sought. The information in this document is intended to provide a general overview of the topics and services contained herein. Brown & Brown, Inc. and all its affiliates, make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the document and undertakes no obligation to update or revise the document based upon new information or future changes.