A Continuing Conversation about COBRA
This webinar will present an overview of the requirements imposed on plan sponsors under COBRA and address common issues employers may face when fulfilling their obligations under the statute.
Topics addressed in this webinar will specifically include:
- Which employers are subject to COBRA?
- Which employer-sponsored plans are subject to COBRA?
- Which individuals have continuation rights as qualified beneficiaries under COBRA?
- What events trigger a plan sponsor’s obligation to offer continuation coverage under COBRA?
- How is the premium for continuation coverage provided under COBRA determined, and what are the rules regarding payment for the coverage?
- What are the notice obligations for both qualified beneficiaries and plan sponsors under COBRA?
- What penalties may a plan sponsor face for failing to comply with various aspects of COBRA?
DISCLAIMER: Brown & Brown, Inc. and all its affiliates, do not provide legal, regulatory or tax guidance, or advice. If legal advice counsel or representation is needed, the services of a legal professional should be sought. The information in this document is intended to provide a general overview of the topics and services contained herein. Brown & Brown, Inc. and all its affiliates, make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the document and undertakes no obligation to update or revise the document based upon new information or future changes.