Medicare and Health Plans
With a more diverse workforce, employers are receiving additional questions from employees regarding how Medicare enrollment interacts with, or otherwise affects, coverage under an employer-sponsored health benefit plan.
In this session, we will explore the interaction between group health plans and Medicare and answer many of the questions employers/plan sponsors are asking about Medicare coverage, including:
- Does eligibility for Medicare affect group health plan coverage?
- How does Medicare coordinate benefits with group health plans?
- How does Medicare entitlement affect eligibility to contribute to an HSA?
- Does Medicare entitlement allow for a corresponding mid-year change to health coverage elections?
- How does Medicare entitlement impact eligibility for COBRA continuation coverage?
- What are the Medicare Secondary Payer rules, and what do employers/plan sponsors need to know about them?
- When plan participants have coverage under a group health plan and are eligible for or covered by Medicare, what are an employer/plan sponsor’s reporting and disclosure obligations?
Attend & Earn 1.0 SHRM and HRCI Credit
Presented by the Brown & Brown Regulatory & Legislative Strategy Group.
DISCLAIMER: Brown & Brown, Inc. and all its affiliates, do not provide legal, regulatory or tax guidance, or advice. If legal advice counsel or representation is needed, the services of a legal professional should be sought. The information in this document is intended to provide a general overview of the topics and services contained herein. Brown & Brown, Inc. and all its affiliates, make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the document and undertakes no obligation to update or revise the document based upon new information or future changes.